|Government Once again urges all Tax Payers to Disclose their true income and pay Appropriate Taxes within the Current Financial Year; Nodal Cell set up to Capture the Response and take Follow-up Action; an Online Monitoring System to Ensure Follow-up Action and Track Return Filing and Tax Payment of the Target Segment |
|Forgot to file your Income Tax Return fro the F.Y. 2011-12 ?|
You can file it within 31.03.2013 Click here for details
The Union Finance Minister Shri P. Chidambaram has repeatedly emphasized that there is need for a non–intrusive tax administration to enable the tax payer to file his return and pay appropriate taxes.
In the statement made by the Revenue Secretary to the media on 10th December 2012, he had stated that there is no advantage in suppressing the true income or avoiding paying income tax that is due because, sooner or later, the information available with the Income Tax Department will lead the department to the doors of such persons.
The Directorate of Systems of the Income Tax Department has undertaken a business intelligence project to identify PAN holders who have not filed Income Tax Return and about whom specific information is available in 148 information codes of Annual Information Return (AIR), Central Information Branch (CIB) data and TDS/TCS Returns. Information in the Cash Transaction Reports (CTRs) of FIU-IND has also been included as part of this data matching exercise. This data analysis has identified target segment of 12,19,832 non-filers linked to more than 4.7 crore information records. Rule based algorithms have been used to identify high priority cases for follow-up and monitoring.
In the first batch, letters are being sent to 35,170 PAN holders by the Directorate of Intelligence and Criminal Investigation. The letter contains the summary of the information of financial transaction(s) along with a customized response sheet and seeks to know whether the person had filed his Income Tax return or not. A Nodal cell has been set up to capture the response and take follow-up action. There will be an online monitoring system to ensure follow-up action and track return filing and tax payment of the target segment.
The Government would once again urge all tax payers to disclose their true income and pay appropriate taxes within the current financial year.
Source : PIB
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Have PAN and taxable income, no return filed ? Beware, Taxmen are watching !
at 12:26:00 PM
Viewers may share any information with the administrator in this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any news, if approved, may be published in this blog under his /her name.
- ► 2016 ( 205 )
- ► 2015 ( 275 )
- ► 2014 ( 225 )
- Andhra Pradesh appoints chairman of new pay commis...
- AICPIN of January 2013 released
- Highlights of the Budget 2013-14
- Rail Budget 2014 : No fare hike but some charges u...
- EPF interest rate for 2012-13 hiked to 8.5%
- Bank Xth BPS : 1st meeting held on 22.02.13
- National Mazdoor Conference asks for 50% D.A. merg...
- Talks with Govt yield no result, 2 days' strike to...
- PM appeals to call off strike, offers talks
- Discussion with Govt. failed, TWO DAYS' STRIKE ON....
- Bank Xth BPS : Talk to commence on 22nd February
- Have PAN and taxable income, no return filed ? Bew...
- CBDT cadre review : Announcement on 15th Feb ?
- EPF interest may increase to 8.5%, Aadhar not mand...
- Majithia Wage Board : SC judgment expected in 1st ...
- Citu to restrict strike to a day in West Bengal
- SBI to recruit 1500 P.O. with an amazing pay or Rs...
- Demand for bankers' retirement age hike
- Xth BPS : UFBU to ask IBA to commence talks
- IBA issued circular for D.A. for employees, Dearne...
- ▼ February ( 20 )
- ► 2012 ( 429 )
- ► 2011 ( 419 )
- ► 2010 ( 432 )
- ► 2009 ( 459 )
All the information published in this webpage is submitted by users or free to download on the internet. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this page and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All the other pages you visit through the hyper links may have different privacy policies. If anybody feels that his/her data has been illegally put in this webpage, or if you are the rightful owner of any material and want it removed please email me at "email@example.com" and I will remove it immediately on demand. All the other standard disclaimers also apply.