- Cabinet may take up proposal for 6% DA hike today (09/11)
- The Cabinet is likely to consider tomorrow a proposal to increase dearness allowance to 119 per cent from 113 per cent, which if cleared will potentially benefit over one crore government employees and pensioners.
"The proposal to increase dearness allowance by six percentage points to 119 per cent is likely to be taken up by the Cabinet tomorrow," a source said.Earlier in April, the government had hiked DA by 6 per cent to 113 per cent of their basic pay with effect from January. DA is paid as proportion of the basic pay.
The proposed DA hike will take effect from July 1. As per the agreed formula, the DA rate increase is an average of 12-month consumer price index-industrial workers from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015.
The proposed hike is in accordance with the accepted formula based on the recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission, which will benefit 48 lakh government employees and 55 lakh pensioners.
However, president of Confederation of Central Government Employees' and Workers K K N Kutty said: "The government should have given interim relief and merged DA with basic pay in view of the extension of term of the 7th Pay Commission by four months till December 31, 2015."
Elaborating, Kutty added: "The government assured employees that the 7th Pay Commission will submit its report in 18 months. It's delaying submission of the report by the commission because it doesn't want to increase its salaries bill this fiscal."
He further said that keeping in view the real rate of price rise, DA should have been 185 per cent of the basic pay.
Last month, the Cabinet had given approval for the extension of the term of the 7th Central Pay Commission by four months up to December 31.
- Source : PTI
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Cabinet may approve 6% D.A. hike for central employees tomorrow
at 7:59:00 PM
Viewers may share any information with the administrator in this email email@example.com
Any news, if approved, may be published in this blog under his /her name.
- ► 2016 ( 205 )
- Around 30% pay hike, 5-6% annual increment likely ...
- Update on Bonus Hike : Good news expected soon
- Dearness Relief for Central Pensioners w.e.f 01.07...
- Pay Commission to submit report soon. Fake news of...
- Central Govt. issued order for D.A. with effect fr...
- Higher house rent allowance expected in 7th CPC re...
- Telengana hikes D.A. from 01.01.2015
- West Bengal decided to pay 10% D.A. from January n...
- Bihar hiked 6% D.A., at par with Central Govt., be...
- Central employees and pensioners' D A hiked by 6%
- Cabinet may approve 6% D.A. hike for central emplo...
- Friday (11/09) may bring cheer for West Bengal emp...
- OROP : Para milltary personnel and Railway employe...
- All is not well even after OROP announcement by Go...
- OROP : Govt worked out details, likely to announce...
- Central employees may cheer for higher bonus this ...
- Mixed response likely in Trade Unions' Bharat Band...
- Himachal Pradesh increased D.A. @6% wef 01.01.2015...
- ▼ September ( 18 )
- ► 2014 ( 225 )
- ► 2013 ( 330 )
- ► 2012 ( 429 )
- ► 2011 ( 419 )
- ► 2010 ( 432 )
- ► 2009 ( 459 )
All the information published in this webpage is submitted by users or free to download on the internet. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this page and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All the other pages you visit through the hyper links may have different privacy policies. If anybody feels that his/her data has been illegally put in this webpage, or if you are the rightful owner of any material and want it removed please email me at "firstname.lastname@example.org" and I will remove it immediately on demand. All the other standard disclaimers also apply.