- Deadline for govt employees to declare assets extended
- New Delhi, Jul 28 (PTI) Central government employees and NGOs receiving government funds now need not declare their assets by the deadline of July 31 as Parliament today approved an amendment in the Lokpal Act to extend the timeline.
- Last date extended to 31st December 2016. Click to view DOPT order
The amendment to Section 44 of the Lokpal Act was approved by voice vote by the Rajya Sabha today, a day after the Lok Sabha did the same.
While moving the bill to amend the Lokpal Act for consideration of the House, Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh said it is an immediate necessity and the provision will be examined in detail by a Parliamentary Standing Committee which will possibly submit its report before next session of Parliament.During a brief discussion, the Opposition asked the government to adopt this law without any dilution.
Naresh Agrawal of Samajwadi Party said he was opposed to the Lokpal Act as this is not good for democracy and constitution. "Can the country's Prime Minister be dishonest and Lokpal be honest," he asked.
Replying to the concerns raised by the members, Singh said: "There is no intention to dilute or to delay the Lokpal Act. The government is committed to implement this law in letter and spirit".
He also said the message should not go out that members of this House have joined hands to prevent declaration of their assets.
"Under the People Representation Act, what we declare is more than enough, regardless of the fact that we have Lokpal Act or not," Singh said, adding that exercise to amend this Act has been done in good faith and is only to extend the deadline with only two days left. It gives relief to 50 lakh government employees.
The amendment pertains to Section 44 of the Lokpal Act which deals with declaration of assets and provision of making the assets public, he said.
As per the rules notified under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013, every public servant shall file declaration, information and annual returns pertaining to his assets and liabilities as well as for his spouse and dependent children on March 31 every year or on or before July 31 of that year.
In April, the government had extended the date of filing returns by public servants from April 15 to July 31. This is the fifth extension in the deadline since the Act came into force in January 2014.
As per rules, organisations receiving more than Rs 1 crore in government grants and donations above Rs 10 lakh from abroad fall under the ambit of Lokpal.
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Govt. employees will not have to submit asset and liability details under Lokpal as of now
at 8:06:00 PM
Viewers may share any information with the administrator in this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any news, if approved, may be published in this blog under his /her name.
- D.A. bulletin for Bank and Central Govt. employees...
- Central employees to get enhanced pay and arrears ...
- Govt. employees will not have to submit asset and ...
- Central employees threatens strike on 2nd Sep
- Gazette Notification of 7th CPC
- 7th CPC : Notification this week
- Unions reaction on FM's answer in Parliament - not...
- Govt. is not considering to enhance multiplication...
- 7th CPC : New salary from August 2016 ?
- Union leaders assured "pay hike not deferred" - Fi...
- Central employees disappointed with uncertainty ov...
- Government likely to raise entry-level salary to R...
- GPF interest rate remains unchanged at 8.1% for Ju...
- Central employees' "indefinite strike" deferred in...
- Still no announcement of any decision on strike, d...
- Unions to decide today regarding indefinite strike...
- Eid holiday shifted to 7th July in Delhi
- Central strike from July 11 likely to be deferred,...
- Govt. proposed to reconsider Minimum Wage and Fitm...
- ▼ July ( 19 )
- ► 2015 ( 275 )
- ► 2014 ( 225 )
- ► 2013 ( 330 )
- ► 2012 ( 429 )
- ► 2011 ( 419 )
- ► 2010 ( 432 )
- ► 2009 ( 459 )
All the information published in this webpage is submitted by users or free to download on the internet. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this page and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All the other pages you visit through the hyper links may have different privacy policies. If anybody feels that his/her data has been illegally put in this webpage, or if you are the rightful owner of any material and want it removed please email me at "email@example.com" and I will remove it immediately on demand. All the other standard disclaimers also apply.